After the Parish Church this is the most important building in Moretonhampstead. Its famous facade makes it of national importance. Likely date: c. 1450 with major 1637 additions. Its late medieval origins, with the survival of the smoke-blackened face-pegged jointed cruck roof, make this an outstanding building, with the granite loggia, fireplaces, screens, beams and windows of the 1637 conversion to eight almshouses, it is outstanding.
For more details about these fancinating buildings see here.
Please note there is no public access to either of the cottages as they are rented to private individuals.